Monday 13 August 2012

Ben Nardolilli

Thanks to the Design

Did you choose this alignment

Or was it the architect
Who dreamed about us standing
Apart from one another,
You on the deck and me by the door?

Thanks to the design you gaze out

And I can stand inside looking at you,
Praise the clear window,
The house that opens up its walls
But does not collapse on me.

I will be forever grateful for the power

To form this one last image:
You looking off to the branches
And leaves of your backyard
While I quietly depart to the cab outside.


Ben Nardolilli currently lives in Arlington, Virginia. His work has appeared in Perigee Magazine, Red Fez, The 22 Magazine, fwriction, THEMA, The Minetta Review, and Yes Poetry. His chapbook Common Symptoms of an Enduring Chill Explained, has been published by Folded Word Press. He maintains a blog at mirrorsponge.blogspot.com and is looking to publish his first novel.